Welcome to the California state sales tax blog! I’m looking forward to sharing some of the interesting things about our sales tax rules with our readers – and letting you weigh in about whether it’s as complicated as many people think it is. While California frequently gets a bad rap about being unfriendly to business, we do have some rules that are favorable to business (including some recent changes for manufacturers), and we’ll talk about those here. California is also home to some statutes that will make you scratch your head and wonder what “they” were thinking. We’ll address some of those as well. And since my firm is headquartered in Silicon Valley, we’ll likely venture into the technology industry on occasion and talk about some issues that our readers in that sector might encounter. Stay tuned as we navigate the Golden State!
Thanks for visiting California!
Other recent “California (CA)” posts by Monika Miles, CPA:
- SaaS Taxation in California - An Overview
- CA District Taxes – Are You Calculating the Full Rate?
- Business Donations in CA: No Free Lunch When It Comes to Use Tax
- When Is Food Taxable in California?
- Resale Certificates in California: Proper Documentation is the Key