Welcome to the AUDITS and SALES TAX blog which features commentary by Lloyd Geggatt, a former sales and use tax auditor who spent 26 years with the California Board of Equalization. Lloyd Geggatt is currently Product Manager for AvaTax Returns and SST at Avalara, Inc. He joined Avalara in January 2010 upon the merger of his previous company, Taxcient with Avalara.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page.
- Oh The Audit Places I Have Been...
- Audit Notes: Sales Tax Exempt or Just Non-taxed?
- Audit Programs Based on Sales-Use Tax Reporting Methods
- Auditing Bars: Time for the Undercover Pour Test
- Auditing Consumer Use Tax: Techniques to Consider
- Auditing Consumer Use Tax - Why So Difficult?
- Sales Tax Audits: Is Your Business A Target?
- Sales Tax Audit Notes: Creative Accounting I Have Seen
- Sales Tax Audits: If Nothing Goes In, What Can Come Out?
- Surviving a Sales Tax Audit: First Impressions Matter