The TELECOM TAXATION category reports and analyzes news and events in the telecom tax field, especially where they concern challenges, controversies, and the ongoing, dynamic interplay among evolving technologies, the businesses of telecommunications, and established governmental regulatory and revenue-raising functions, in an effort to be interesting, informed and informative (even educational), always opinionated and occasionally amusing.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax blogger by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page.
- DirecTV Seeks "Unfair Tax Treatment" Verdicts - and Is Disappointed
- GPSPS Penalized $9 Million For Cramming, Slamming … & Chutzpah!
- Kentucky’s Telecommunications Tax: Hanging in Limbo
- D.C. TV Station Is Not “High-Tech Company,” So No Tax Break
- Florida: America's Foremost Purveyor of Tax Nonsense?
- Virginia Communications Tax Obeys ITFA (Technically, Maybe..)
- Virgin Mobile Off the Hook for Kentucky E-911 Surcharge
- How Is Video Not “Tangible Personal Property”?
- Can Tennessee Tribunal Tell Taxable Telecom from Telepathy?
- New York’s Helio Case: A Trial Run for Sprint? (Conclusion)