Welcome to the "Sales and Use Tax for Manufacturing & Distribution" blog. Lauren Stinson brings her 20-plus years of experience working with manufacturers on sales and use tax issues to each of these articles. She discusses common sales tax issues faced by manufacturers and provides some tax tips to take advantage of all exemptions and incentives while preventing costly mistakes.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page. Additional contact options are also available on the blogger's associated Firm Profile.
- Manufacturing Purchases: 5 Sales-Use Tax Basics for Purchasers and A/P
- Manufacturing Exemption Misconception: Everything is Tax Exempt!
- Manufacturers’ Utility Studies: 5 Approaches to Utility Exemptions
- Manufacturing Sales & Use Exemptions: Open to Interpretation
- Use Tax Exemptions Case: Non-Traditional Manufacturer in Missouri
- Manufacturing Sales Tax Exemptions: Are Suppliers Entitled to Them?
- When Should Manufacturers Pay Sales Tax on a Lease?
- Should You Give the Auditor a Plant Tour?
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Consumable Supplies Vary by State
- Nexus for Manufacturers Part 4: Best Practices for Compliance