Sylvia F. Dion, CPA is the Founder and Managing Partner of PrietoDion Consulting Partners LLC, a State & Local Tax (SALT) Consulting firm providing comprehensive tax services to U.S. and International businesses. Sylvia’s 23+ years of multi-faceted tax experience includes holding leadership positions with some of the highest regarded international accounting firms and providing SALT services to companies around the world. Since 2011 Sylvia has also served as a contributor to the SalesTaxSupport blogs and currently blogs on Internet Sales Tax, U.S. Sales Tax for Foreign Sellers, and Massachusetts Sales Tax. Sylvia is also a speaker and author whose articles have been published by Bloomberg BNA and in other leading professional tax journals, and is the author of “Minding Massachusetts,” a quarterly column published by in Tax Analysts’ State Tax Notes. Sylvia is also fluent in Spanish and proficient in French. For more about Sylvia visit her firm website at www.sylviadioncpa.com. You can also reach Sylvia at Sylvia F. Dion, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 978-846-1641.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page. Additional contact options are also available on the blogger's associated Firm Profile.
Posts by Sylvia F. Dion
Internet Tax / E-Commerce Posts by Sylvia F. Dion
- Amazon and Other "Nexus Expanding" Laws - By State Summary
- Economic Nexus: The “New Normal” or the Demise of Quill?
- Remote Transactions Parity Act: Comparing RTPA to MFA
- Marketplace Fairness Act: Dead, Alive - or in Legislative Limbo?
- Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act Moves One Step Closer to Final Law
- Amazon Tax: 3 Teachable Moments to Clear the Confusion
- Amazon Laws Are Not All Created Equal
- Remote Sales Tax: MFA Progress - or Simply Back to Square One?
- Marketplace Fairness Act – Next Step or No Step? Update & Resources
- Colorado's Marketplace Fairness - New Rules for Home Rules?
- Marketplace Fairness Act: The Issues No One is Talking About
- Marketplace Fairness Act 2013: What the Symbolic Vote Means
- Marketplace Fairness Act 2013: New & Improved from MFA 2012?
- Internet Sales Tax Legislation: 2012 Review - and 3 Predictions for 2013
- Top Internet Tax Questions from Retailers Reveal Complexity of Issue
- CA Sales Tax: Will Amazon Law Fill State’s Internet Shopping Cart?
- Marketplace Equity vs. Marketplace Fairness. Is Either the 'Right' Solution?
- Amazon Sales Tax Nexus in Massachusetts? (Absolutely Not!)
- Internet Sales Tax Legislation: a Plain English Guide (Whitepaper)
- State Amazon Laws - Update (States Grab the Spotlight!)
- Sales Tax Act - Main Street or Marketplace. Is SST Issue Key?
- From Main Street to Marketplace Fairness Acts - Sales Tax 2011
- The Marketplace Equity Act: The New Competition on the Block
- A Tale of Two States -The “Amazon Law” Saga Continues
- Amazon Law (& Order). The California Season Summary…
- Internet Sales Tax Confusion. Myths or Misperceptions?
- Main Street Fairness Act. Is SST the Silver Bullet?
- California Enacts Explosive "Amazon Law"!
- Amazon Laws: The New Normal? Internet Sales Tax Law Update.
U.S. Sales Tax for Foreign Sellers Posts by Sylvia F. Dion
- U.S. Sales Taxes: Filing Frequency for International Sellers
- 7 Key Points Foreign Sellers Should Know about U.S. State Taxes
- Do International Sellers Registering for Sales Tax Need a U.S. EIN?
- International Sellers and U.S. Sales Tax Registration: 3 Key Issues
- U.S. Sales Tax for Amazon FBA International Sellers
- Why U.S. Toll Manufacturers Create Sales Tax Nexus for Foreign Companies
- Comparing the U.S. Sales Tax to a VAT
- Tax Treaties and U.S. Sales Tax Nexus: What Foreign Sellers Need to Know
Massachusetts (MA) Posts by Sylvia F. Dion
- The Massachusetts DOR Website - A Great (Sales) Tax Resource
- MassTaxConnect - 5 Things Massachusetts Sales Tax Filers Should Know
- Massachusetts Sales Tax Holiday Is Consumer Perk – But Retailer Pain
- Massachusetts Exemption Certificates for Drop-Ship: A Catch-22
- Massachusetts Sales Tax: Five Things You Should Know